Stock Market Outlook entering the Week of March 27th = Uptrend
- Short-term (20 DMA): Uptrend
All the major stock market averages remained above their 20-day moving averages.
- Intermediate (50 DMA): Uptrend
All the major stock market averages remained above their 50-day moving averages.
- Long-term (200 DMA): Mixed
3 of the 5 major stock market averages remained below their 200-day moving averages.
The market uptrend for US stocks encountered some resistance during the holiday-shortened week, but not enough to halt there advance just yet. Performance to the moving averages remained unchanged, while price/volume action and OEW continue to support the uptrend label.
Moving Average Signals:
- Uptrend=Market indexes remained above their moving average during the trading week
- Downtrend=Market indexes remained below their moving average during the trading week
- Buy signal=Market indexes rose above their moving averages during the trading week
- Sell signal=Market indexes fell below their moving averages during the trading week