Correlation versus Causation – The 1%

I recently mentioned some statistics regarding the 1%, in an attempt to define the other 99%. To summarize:

The Top 5 Facts about the 1%:
1) Owns 40% of US wealth
2) Takes home 24% of the nations income
3) Owns 50% of the country’s stocks, bonds and mutual funds
4) Has only 5% of the nation’s personal debt
5) Takes in more off the nation’s income than at any other time since the 1920s

This list got me thinking;

Are these 5 things something that all 1%ers do? Does the list provide us a glimpse of some “secret” school of thought that the “rich” teach their children (aka Robert Kiyosaki and Rich Dad Poor Dad)?

-Or-

Are “1%ers” created by doing these 5 things? Is a path to wealth that any one of us can execute and reach the 1%?

Thoughts?

Sources:
The Top 5 Facts About America’s Richest 1%
Stacy Curtin | Daily Ticker – Oct 11, 2011
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/top-5-facts-america-richest-1-183022655.html

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Current Events, Personal Finance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s