Market Outlook entering the Week of October 4th = Mixed
- Short-term (20 DMA): Buy signal
3 of the 5 major stock market averages rose above their 20-day moving averages.
- Intermediate (50 DMA): Downtrend
All the major stock market averages remained below their 50-day moving averages.
- Long-term (200 DMA): Downtrend
All of the major stock market averages remained below their 200-day moving averages.
US stocks showed signs of life last week, with higher volume up days indicating the start of a new uptrend. OEW also confirmed an uptrend, so odds are good that the markets will see at least a short-term rally. If so, the next few weeks will be a great time to readjust your holdings, especially if you’ve managed to hold on to positions since August.
Moving Average Signals:
- Uptrend=Market indexes remained above their moving average during the trading week
- Downtrend=Market indexes remained below their moving average during the trading week
- Buy signal=Market indexes rose above their moving averages during the trading week
- Sell signal=Market indexes fell below their moving averages during the trading week