Market Outlook entering the Week of September 27th = Downtrend
- Short-term (20 DMA): Sell signal
All the major stock market averages fell below their 20-day moving averages.
- Intermediate (50 DMA): Downtrend
All the major stock market averages remained below their 50-day moving averages.
- Long-term (200 DMA): Downtrend
All of the major stock market averages remained below their 200-day moving averages.
US stocks retreated last week. We’re still waiting for confirmation of the longer-term trend, so continue to monitor your positions and keep your losses small.
Moving Average Signals:
- Uptrend=Market indexes remained above their moving average during the trading week
- Downtrend=Market indexes remained below their moving average during the trading week
- Buy signal=Market indexes rose above their moving averages during the trading week
- Sell signal=Market indexes fell below their moving averages during the trading week