Even after you set your goals, you still need to check in every once and while to make sure that you still want to go where those goals are taking you.
We spend so much time “being busy” that we don’t stop to reflect until something unfortunately occurs or we have not time left.
Below is a great list of reminders, regardless of your age, from a NBA legend.
Take stock of your annual goals/monthly plans/daily actions, and ask yourself: Will I be happy with the person I will become?
- Learn who you are as an individual
- Stand up for yourself and your beliefs
- Avoid a physical fight-if you can
- Play a team sport
- Choose your friends for the right reasons
- Fight your fear of the unknown
- Listen to advice
- Be politically aware
- Mind your manners
- Be patient in love
- Stay fit
- Never, never do something on a dare
- Get organized
- Find heroes to copy
- Be independent
- Question authority
- Get smart
- Express yourself
- Pay attention to the short run
- But keep your eye on the long run
20 Things Boys Can Do to Become Men
Esquire.com | Kareem Abdul-Jabbar